Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Two Cents

This kid is awesome.  Reading lessons on the teacher's shoulders?!  Who gets to do that?

We've had a busy week, as usual.  I think I would be busy if all I had to do was make food and keep the house clean.

Monday's are super crazy. We drop the girls off at Mimi's and the boys have Classical Conversations until 1pm. The kids all rest at Mimi's house while I go for a run. We get ourselves together and head home for a big snack like smoothies and popcorn before we head to the Y for my body sculpt class. I run the kids home for dinner with daddy and I head back to mom and dad's to train. I get home in time to clean up dinner, play for a few minutes and jump into the bedtime routine. Then I crash. No other day is quite this crazy, but this one requires supernatural energy.

I had a lady tell me to get off the meth last week. :). So, just to be clear, I'm not super woman, I'm not on meth, and I don't frequent the Starbucks drive thru (I do have a great coffee pot that brews fresh every morning. Here's the deal, good fuel is important on every level. When I'm running and cross training, homeschooling and wrangling children, in constant pick-up mode and feeding these bottomless pits that are my growing babies, I need quality nutrition.
Hungry Babies!!! Yup! Sums up my life! :-)
Yup, this about sums up my life!
Over the weekend I ate poorly.  Pancakes for breakfast (whole wheat with agave syrup, but still), popcorn and m&m's for lunch, sweet potato chips with a diet DP and a movie.  Bad.  I felt really weak on my Saturday evening run because I had no good fuel in my body.  Race day is coming so I'm buckling down on my nutrition.  Veggies and protein baby.

Parallel that physical nutrition with spiritual nutrition - How in the world can I raise four kids, love my husband, and help provide a nourishing home environment if I'm not nourished myself?  I honestly don't have time for a weekly women's Bible Study right now.  As soon as I sit still in front of one of those videos (as entertaining as Beth Moore can be!) I fall asleep.  So, I got The Message on my Kindle so I can read it by myself or with whatever child happens to wake up at the crack of dawn.  It's awesome and so important for me to start my day off like that!

Anyway - eat good and read your Bible!  :)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

And all God's people said... :) Amen, Al.

Katie said...

Let's not knock the popcorn and M&Ms too harshly now, HA!! ;) Love this post. It's so true.

Fred Love said...

Here, here Katie! They are the perfect treat, just maybe not the perfect meal. No judgement here though. Nursing mommies can eat whatever easy and convenient. :)

mb said...

Maybe you should add a green juice...or Oreos. Those are my two votes. I get 2, right?

Shannon Wheeler said...

Ok, mom! And yes, amen.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.