Monday, July 13, 2009

Deep Breath

And so the saga continues.  ER over the weekend, doctor appointment today, another tomorrow in faraway places like Oklahoma City and Fort Worth.  Still no answers.  I'm at peace knowing that this is no mystery to the God who is both sovereign and good at the same time.  If I think about it too long I go a little crazy - I just want my husband back.  So, I don't think about it too long anymore.

Daddy left this morning for his OKC appointment.  The kids and I ventured to Aldi, Big Lots, the Library and the Y.  Seriously, I should be sleeping right now!  As we were checking out at Aldi, (and the very "efficient" cashier hurled my groceries into the cart) Pierce and Hudson were telling each other nonsensical jokes.  Why did the shirt go on top of the house?  Um...why?  Because everyone knows that shirts can't talk!!!  And they crack up laughing.  No smiles or comments from the focused employee my boys were obviously showing off for.  The more impressive their little show got the higher my stress level got so I instructed the boys to go sit down and be quiet for a few more seconds, we were almost done.  Pierce looked straight at the cashier and said, "A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do"!  Finally a laugh - good job boys.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Praying for you guys, Alyson! Love you.

Julia's family said...

Your boys are hilarious! I'm praying for you too, friend.

Margo said...

I heard from my hubby about the Ft. Worth thing...I'll be calling you tomorrow to check on you. I'm praying, friend!

Angela said...

Ha! A guys gotta do what a guys gatta do. I miss you guys! When is a good time for me to come hang out?

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.