Friday, July 10, 2009

We Wuv Awayna!


My Alayna Serene is 1 year old.  Hard to believe!

She's a good repeater.  Pierce throws a fit, and she does it too.  She's a good eater, if she gets to feed herself.  She loves legos - the giant baby can crush a lego army in one fell swoop. She's a good climber, if mommy's not paying attention.  We think this is her favorite Bible verse:  "In your strength I can crush and army and with my God I can scale any wall."  2 Sam 22:30

She also gives the sweetest kisses, she can pucker up now.  She uses all her muscles and grunts when she hugs.  She's almost fully weaned, but she likes her brothers hard-tip sippy cups - no baby stuff here.  She's learning her animal sounds (gentle puppies, pansy tigers and roosters with tongues, but hey).  No walking yet, but closer every day.


We are so blessed to have our precious girl.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

That's so sweet. She looks JUST like you in those pictures.

Tyson and Lisa said...

happy birthday to precious Alayna! I love hearing all about each baby's little quirks and what they love to do...thanks for sharing!

Julia's family said...

Alayna's too cute! Wish I could see her in person. Thanks for sharing. =)

A. said...

aah! so cute!

The Frugal Muse said...

She is so precious! I love that last picture.... and her theme verse... they both made me smile.

Casey said...

Happy Birthday sweet Alaina! Hope to see you all soon...I miss you! And I'm sure I'm not the first person to say this, but she looks so much like Hudson!

Casey said...

Oops! I mispelled her name...Happy Birthday sweet AlaYna

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.