Thursday, December 9, 2010

Happy Times

Pierce and Alayna are working on spelling their names. This homemade "puzzle" is the best tool that I've seen. Even little ones who are just developing letter recognition can do this one.


Hudson turned six last weekend and Aunt Angela got him some motorcycles to paint. Young children with paint stresses me out a little, but we were well armed with aprons, a table cloth, paper towels a stern lecture to not paint themselves or anything but the motorcycles. It made for some great Sunday afternoon fun. Thanks Aunt Angela!
Matching sweatshirts. I should have gotten a picture of them right after this because they got all dressed up in their "spy gear." Knee and elbow pads, gloves, sunglasses, walkie-talkies, backpacks, and sword stuck down their pants. They are anything but sneaky, but they are awful cute.
A perfect home for light sabers.
I'm having a hard time keep track of this kid. She's getting fast and she's doesn't take "no" for an answer. Now that every outlet and Christmas ornament is within reach I'm in full-time training mode (as if home schooling and personal training and housework and meal prep didn't keep me busy enough!) . She is the smiliest, happiest baby of the four and I'm loving every second with her. Hard to believe she'll be 7 months old this weekend!

3 comments:

VLR said...

I LOVE the puzzle idea, for teaching my grandchildren how to spell their names.You are an awesome teacher, by the way. I wish that I had been so patient, and as FUN as you are!

Fred Love said...

thanks Mom! I'm trying to enjoy every day and capture the sweet moments. You obviously did a fine job if I'm willing to tackle the same task. And now I understand :)

Katie said...

That puzzle idea is awesome!! Definitely stealing that one. Thanks for sharing it!!

I have a feeling Adelle and Naomi are kindred spirits. Naomi can't crawl yet, but she's got that glimmer in her eye.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.