Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer is here!

Swimming days are taking over and wearing us all out and we love it! Everybody's hair is getting a little blonder and we're adding to our freckle collection. The heat is officially here. 90 to 100 degrees all week long, so we're playing outside in the morning and swimming or summer schooling in the afternoons.

Yesterday we went to Aldi to grab some snacks before heading to the pool. "Are those all yours?" Her voice wafted loudly down the aisle and I knew it was meant for me because I hear it EVERY time we go out. I smile and nod, "They sure are." She gawks, "Two boys, two girls?" Mmmhmm. "I'm sure glad having children is for the young." I smile again, "We have lots of fun, I drop into bed and sleep great every night ... from all that fun (wink, smile)." She grunts a little. Lovely. Well, here's some shots of all our fun :)
Grilled everything - Hooray for grilling!
Look out - she's a wild woman!
Chillin' on the backyard swing.
Whoa! My little American Woman playing on the playground set.
Watering the flowers.
Making monster dolls!
We love them!
Swimming, of course.
Caught the top of his head before he disappeared.
I didn't get a picture of her, but miss fearless swimming diaper will jump in anywhere. She wears me out.
Getting a little reading in - man, they're cute.
We're trying to get a little more sleep too - Ha!
Daddy is finishing the day with the boys and the cowgirl playing angry birds. Yeah, it's exhausting and so much fun!

4 comments:

lbrownfield said...

Love those monster dolls! Your kids are such cuties!

luv_bn_gma said...

shopping lady just has no clue of the wonderful blessings you get to raise and enjoy. no regrets for you!!!

Pam Beene said...

Luv it!! Your children are so lucky to have you.

hapi said...

Hi Five Freddys, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.