Wednesday, May 25, 2011

One Thousand Gifts

I don't mean for every post to be a book review! But these books are changing my perspective and my life, changing the way I talk to and raise my children. I'm even trying to be nicer to my husband (Haha! he'll like that :)!! ). Click onthe book that will lead you to the blog and dive in - I love it!

CSC_1722

I'm only three chapters in, but I thought I'd go ahead and start my list of one thousand gifts and I plan on sharing them with you as often as I post. But, seriously, as I type I have one boy explaining to me the details of his paper airplane, one snuggling on my lap with his blanket, one girl "reading/singing" her book at the table while she's supposed to be eating her breakfast, and the baby is still sleeping. Posting isn't easy, then again, nothing is easy these days. So let that be at the top of the list!

THE LIST
1. The four warm little bodies in this house that need me to be their momma.

2. Chubby cheeks and sparkling blue eyes that greet me from the crib.

3. The laughing, talking, and sometimes squabbling that is the soundtrack of our breakfast this morning.

4. The adventure and danger of being a little boy!





5. Baby #4 and the joy that she brings this mama (remember how I reeled when I found out I was pregnant ... AGAIN!) Love her!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Thank you so much for introducing me to that blog. I can't wait to get my hands on that book!!

Allison said...

I'm reading that book too. So good! Her blog is wonderful too. Maybe we can compare lists...

Amanda said...

Oh, how sweet of you to comment. :)
Would that book be good to kindle? Or is it the type you flip back through to answer questions?

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.