Sunday, September 2, 2012

Long run, long day, both fabulous!

Yesterday I ran 15 miles. That's the longest run to date for me, so I was pretty pumped about it...and sore and tired when I got home with a full day ahead. So I stretched, drank my recovery shake, took an ice bath, and headed to the Y to teach Pilates. I was tired and sore. It was really the last thing I wanted to do, but I actually felt better after it was done.

I took a short nap, drank a spinach, almond milk, banana, protein smoothie and drove the kids out to Victory campgrounds for a fun day with Mimi and papa. The kids and I got to zip line, go cart race and do bumper cars. Super fun, and my legs were feeling better for the hiking around. Pierce unclipped from the zip line and said to the crowd, "Don't twy this at home." He the king of quips and one-liners.

That night I drove back to celebrate the birthday of one of my best friends with burgers and bowling. We faced off against the husbands but they came with their A-game and pulled off the win. David won over all and coached my pitiful self through the two gruesome games. Someday I'll be good. ;)

I slept hard and feel great this morning. Staying active after long runs must be a key to recovery.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'll remember the "staying active after long runs" advice! What a fun day. You're awesome.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.