Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sisters

I got to go with my parents to St. Louis a couple of weekends ago to visit my little sister and her husband (Yes, my parents are awesome).  We had so much fun eating and exercising and hanging out.  I really, really, really wish they lived closer.  
Roomies - Shannon and Me

Here's a full circle weird thing for me. In less than a week I will be 32.  When my mom was 32 she had Shannon.  I was 7 1/2.  My oldest son is 7 1/2.  He is where I was and I am where my mom was.  That's just wild.  Anyway, as a 7 year old, I remember Shannon coming home from the hospital and  sharing my room from pretty early on.  I remember her waking up at night and me getting her out of her crib and bringing her to my bed.  We have this great picture of us sleeping.  She's taking her half out of the middle and I'm hanging off the side.  That's about how it was our entire growing up life.  Shannon could always walk around the house on her hands.  She was constantly doing hand stands or pulling her feet up over her shoulders and walking on hands all wadded up.  Now she's a yoga instructor - perfect.  (I, on the other hand, am the soft bookworm turned fitness instructor.  Crazy).

Roomies - Adelle, Alayna and Me, the mom

I love watching these sisters as their friendship develops.  They are so opposite in nature.  Alayna is so dramatic and emotional.  She can swing from chicken lip to laughter in seconds.  I've never seen anything like it!  She runs like Elmo.  She wads up in my lap like she has no spine.  Adelle is my little lion girl.  She runs like a bear and everything she does is full force and passionate.  She's strong and stout.  There's 22 months between the two of them, but only a 6 pound difference and they balance each other out perfectly.  They don't know how blessed they are to have each other - sister friends.

This Sister Post is a link to one of my favorite blogs.  Sister friends will love it.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Well now, that was sweet. :)
I totally forgot how Shannon has always been a yoga girl at heart.
Ha, and you were a soft book worm. :) Anything is possible!

Shannon Wheeler said...

that's sweet, Al. Can't wait to watch those little sister friends grow up. They're adorable.

I forgot how you were a soft bookworm.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.