Thursday, September 24, 2009

Argh!

My pirates

Bikini Babe

Back from a lovely vacation in Florida. Who doesn't love vacation? Oh, maybe the sick pregnant mommy and the sick daddy - but, the kids had fun and we did get incredible beach pictures that I will post later. We made some great memories and the kids did have a blast. But, seriously, I will never drive 17 hours with three small children as a sick pregnant woman EVER again! I'm a tough girl. I teach a mean aerobics class. I don't scream or cry when I have babies. I can handle it. But I could barely bring myself to climb into my mini-van, yet again, to drive to play group this morning. That, and Pierce found a lobster claw on the beach and brought it home and the whole van smelled like dead fish this morning.

We started our drive Saturday morning (12 days ago). The general excitement wore off for the kids after the first movie ended. We stopped in Jackson, MI. The boys got to swim in the hotel pool with daddy and sleep in the "couch that turned into a bed"! About the most exciting thing that could have happened for them. Pierce is deathly afraid of elevators. He begged to take the stairs or clung to me and cried in the elevator! This is the same kid who was body surfing in the OCEAN.

After 17 hours and 16 stops we made it to rainy Florida. It rained for 4 days. We finally let the kids play out in the rain. Once the sun came out we were so excited to hit the beach. Alayna decided right away that she didn't like the sand and the ocean waves were about the scariest thing she had ever seen. Relaxation never entered my vocabulary. The boys had a blast and David and I traded off with the pitiful baby so we could play too.

The boys got to go with David on a "real" pirate ship and that was a HUGE success. I got to go with a friend to a local outlet and that was also a huge success (retail therapy- every woman's friend).

The last three days Hudson came down with a fever and a bad sore throat with severely swollen tonsils. For those of us sharing a room with him, sleep was lacking.

The drive home was fairly uneventful and peaceful - I am grateful for that.

So, all that to say, I need a vacation!

2 comments:

Shannon Wheeler said...

You were pretty loud when you gave birth to Alayna. Oh, wait, that may have been me bawling. Yes, but you screamed pretty loud. Don't deny it.

Cute pics. So sad about Hudson getting sick, and you too of course. I want to squeeze your kids so bad. Miss you guys.

Fred Love said...

Those were loud moans. i've got to watch a lot of TLC on vacation and I know I didn't sound like that! COME HOME!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.