Sunday, October 18, 2009

Same song, second verse

Someone remind me that it's worth it. David went to Norman for the U2 concert. I wasn't feeling well so instead of making dinner tonight I thought I'd just go pick it up. After driving through McDonald's I headed home in the wonderful bright sunlight. After I sneezed three times I felt it coming. It heeds no rules like "don't attack her while she's driving!" Seriously, I had to pull over on the side of the road and throw up in a plastic bag. I should have just gotten out of the car. I didn't realize the bag had a hole in it. Lovely. Hudson said, "Mom, when I watch you throw up it makes me do this," heaving gag.

I think people have actually blocked me on facebook because they're tired of reading updates like "vomit." So, I'm all done. No more posts or blogs about the effects of pregnancy on me. I just had to tell someone about tonight. It was awful.

8 comments:

MelissaC said...

I'm so sorry, Alyson. That must be awful to feel sick so often. I hope you feel better soon and are able to enjoy the remaining months before you next little bundle of joy arrives!

Katie said...

IT'S WORTH IT!!!! Hang in there, friend!!!

At least you didn't puke on Bono.

Amanda said...

Wow, sneezing brought it on? I was expecting the McDonnalds to be the cause. So sorry. Soon enough all that nausea will be a distant memory and you'll be huge and gasping for breath like me...and oh so close to holding a brand new little thing. :)

A. said...

well, i'm sorry for your sake that you continue having vomit stories to tell, but i don't mind you continuing to tell them. helps me keep things in perspective :) i hope this ends soon though!

Nik said...

Alyson... that is awful. I truly feel bad for you. I hardly threw up at all when I was pregnant...although nausea was a constant state and I always wished I could just puke. You only have a few more weeks of this! You can do anything for a few weeks... and you dont need a reminder that its worth it because you have three adorable children with low voices that love you to pieces. (even if you make them gag)

Bailey said...

I don't mind your vomit stories. If you need to talk about it, I say get it out! I'm sorry you're so sick. Nik's right though-- you do make some pretty cute babies.

Shannon Wheeler said...

I'd be gagging right along with hudson. But, I like your stories. It's your very own blog to talk about your very own throw up. Don't stop.

Julia's family said...

It's been two weeks, Alyson. How are you doing? Nausea easing or not yet?
Love and prayers,
Julia

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.