Saturday, October 3, 2009

Building A Pirate Cake

After the pink lady bug cake disaster I was admittedly a leery of trying my hand at the pirate cake - but it's cheaper and in the end Pierce just wants to eat the icing anyway, so ...
I cut two round cakes in half and "glued" them together with chocolate icing.
Then poked drinking straws through them after one side split and threatened to ruin my day!
After icing the whole thing I relinquished my chocolate hazelnut Pirouette cookies for the deck and the cannons.


Finished product with chopstick sails and chubby pirates. My boys were totally impressed!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.