Saturday, October 17, 2009

Shouting "Europe!" at the Porcelain

I think throwing up gives me writer's block. All I can think about is throwing up and trying not to throw up. I just fixed the kids lunch and I'm waiting on David to bring me my lunch from Bob's Giant Subs. I love their Italian Chicken Salad Sub. But waiting on food and smelling yucky kid food makes me sick. Night time is the worst. I finally get the kids to bed and then I sit really still and breath deep and try to think about anything but throwing up. I usually throw up anyway. Then I go to bed and try not to wake up in the middle of the night because, inevitably, I'll throw up.

I finally went to see my doctor last Thursday. I'm due May 5 which puts me at 11 weeks today. That means I probably only have about 4 more weeks of being sick. The end is in sight. She did prescribe me some medicine. It just makes me sleepy though so I only take it at night, but that works out since the night is the worst. B6 through the day ... we'll see. It's just throwing up. There are worse things, and I do have a healthy growing baby inside me. My jeans are starting to get tight. Great!

2 comments:

Julia's family said...

Soooo sorry, friend! I can only imagine how difficult it is to keep mommying (and everything else) when the sickness is so terrible. Glad the likely remaining days are countable! (Eight weeks along with my first daughter and dreadfully sick, I worried how I could be a bridesmaid for a friend. I prayed for mercy and survived the weekend - with two hours sleep and no nausea for 24 hours. Of course, I feared I'd lost the baby. But the nausea came back and I knew she was okay. Gratefulness and misery collide!) Praying for you!

Tyson and Lisa said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. but I'm glad your doc was able to give you something for it, even if it only helps at night. I'll be praying for and thinking about you. not much longer! and yay for your pants getting tight! (not something we're usually excited about, but in this case, it's exciting!) I don't know about you, but I LOVE maternity clothes!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.