Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Swimming, School, and Stuff

We've been swimming, swimming, swimming around here! Hudson can swim from one end of the pool to the other and dive now. Pierce still thinks he'll "drain" without a life jacket, but with a life jacket he might as well be a fish. Alayna sticks to the steps most of the time. She likes to venture out into the pool on my back. I get some incredible exercise in the pool throwing the boys and piggy-backing Alayna across the pool and back. Adelle hangs out in the house with Mimi or in the shade of the pool house most of the time. Next time we're out at the pool maybe I'll remember my camera!

School is going great. We're part of a local homeschool group now and the boys are excited for all the field trips and special Friday classes we'll take.

I'm teaching two classes a week at the Y now and starting up a few personal training sessions for some ladies at church. Busy doing what I love and so blessed!

Here's a picture update for the last couple of weeks:
Poor Hudson - no one goes to the bathroom in peace around here! (And he'll probably be mortified someday that I posted this picture - notice the tan line. Yes, my white children do tan!).
Poor Pierce, swimming takes it out of him.
I love those fresh morning faces - sweet Alayna all wrapped up and Hudson hugging his monkey.
We're on week 6 of school. The kids were doing some serious water color art projects in this shot.

This was supposed to be a shot of my sweet baby sucking her thumb to go to sleep. Don't mind the sweaty, sleepy mommy. Sometimes I actually fix my hair!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh she sucks her thumb? I love thumb suckers. :)

Angela said...

Haha the sweaty picture of you looks great.
Alayna looks just like you in that sleepy morning picture.
I miss swimming with you guys. Let's do it when I get back!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.