Friday, July 30, 2010

Coping with digestive issues

Well, I want to buy every digest from Econobusters Blog. You have to check that one out.

We've had the big D around here for the last few days or, as my kids say, rusty poop. I don't know where they come up with this stuff. So I've been making the kids eat starchy foods as I sneak Cliff bars and protein shakes (mommy and baby are fine). Yesterday morning we (less than successfully) tried Cream of Wheat. They thought it was so awful they opted for plain white hotdog buns instead. Last night I made mashed potatoes. Pierce happily ate those and said, "I like these kind of mashed potatoes but those applesauce potatoes you made this morning were not very tasty." :)

Due to the big D, this mommy has not gotten a lot of quality sleep. Baby A sleeps like an angel (knock on wood), but between Pierce and Alayna I've been up every couple of hours and my entire day suffers. So, this morning when Adelle went down for her morning nap, I turned on Dora and went down for my morning nap. It was glorious. After the nap and feeding Adelle I went to Starbucks for the rare and wonderful treat of a little liquid gold. Now the laundry and dishes are done and the house is in ship shape again. Caffeine as a stimulant is the way to go.

My children are happily eating applesauce and crackers for lunch after a morning of searching for bugs in the back yard (mostly fast spiders according to Hudson). After the big kids rest time we're headed out for an afternoon swim with the cousins and Aunts. Should be a par-tay.

1 comment:

6 Happy Hearts said...

Oh I know where they get "it" LOL!
They are soo cute. Sorry for the Big D :(

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.