Thursday, September 30, 2010

Golden Birthday

I'm entering a new decade.

I celebrated my 21st birthday in Australia as a completely different person than I am today. I worked there for two years and met David. I was 23 when we got married, and nine months later we had Hudson. It's all kind of a blur from there. 22 months later we had Pierce. 21 months later we had Alayna. And 22 months after that we had Adelle. I know other stuff happened in the last nine years, but I might as well just touch on the high notes. Now here I am, married and four kids later and I'm 30. I feel like I'm not just entering a new decade, but a new era, a new phase of life. As far as my plans go the childbearing era has come to a close. I'm getting in shape for the last time (I've gained and lost 35lbs four times - that qualifies as a high note!).

I have a few goals for my thirties:

1. To become a woman of prayer. I pray all the time, I'm just not usually on my knees. When I wake up I pray to see God's new mercies (though sometimes it might sound like, "Lord, have mercy."!!) I pray throughout the day. But I really want to develop the habit of getting up early and meeting the Lord before all the chaos ensues.

2. A studier of the Word. I'm a good studier when I have the accountability of a church Bible study. I try to read a little bit every day. I memorize verses with my kids or teach them from verses I've had in my heart for years (thanks to my mom and dad). But I want to be a student of the Word beyond reading a Proverb a day. I want to know and internalize the Truth.

3. Expand my personal training. I love training people in exercise and nutrition. I have very little extra time with homeschooling and nursing. But sometime in the next decade maybe that'll improve. :)

4. Get my family more involved in missions and ministry. We're going to start doing some country studies this year of the missionaries that we're connected with. I want my kids to share the gospel boldly and have a deep understanding of Jesus' love for us and others.

5. Learn a new skill. I have no idea what that might be at this point. Something along the creative vein probably.

It's almost 10:30 and my brain is shutting down. Sweet dreams :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hm, something along the creative vein...Wood working! haha. Do you still have Mom's sewing machine? You may need to ask for one for Christmas. The possibilities are endless with that machine.

Fred Love said...

I do have a machine that Aunt Epsie gave me. I'm going to be pulling it out before Christmas rolls around. I'm serious about those dolls.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.