Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Big things are happening

My 30th birthday party at Mom & Dad's
Angela, Me holding Adelle, Amanda holding Lola

Pierce turned 4

Adelle is 5 months with two little chicklet teeth.

We went to a great pumpkin patch with our homeschool group.


We made a Pierce-size scarecrow, that I have yet to make a head for.

Lots of big things are happening, I just have very little time to write about them. As I speak the baby is sleeping and the big kids are eating lunch and I inhaled some leftover sweet potato fries before I tackle this house ... again. I read another blog of a homeschool mom with four kids (a little bit older than mine). She's super artistic and creative. Her kids do all kinds of special projects and experiments. She paints. Right now she's on a coffee cup kick and they're so cute. I want to paint some and hang them all over my kitchen and dining room. But I don't paint. I know we all have different gifts and talents. I'm not usually big on comparing myself to others. But I do always think other people have it all together and must be doing everything way better than me. Yes, I do have four children under the age of 5. And this week after all the lovely hay at the pumpkin patch my allergies have taken a turn for the worst. Being under the weather always leads to lack of motivation.

Anyway, the kids are done eating lunch and are now all pretending to be puppies. The volume in this house just went way up. I think I'll send them out to the yard for a while. :)

6 comments:

Amanda said...

What's the name of the blog? I want to see her paintings.
We should make a girl scarecrow.

Amanda said...

Nevermind, I found her. Those are really cute. Surely you could do that!

Fred Love said...

I think I'm going to try!

Wendy said...

Darlin', you crack me up.
I cried this morning out of frustration. And I hate that my poor husband just switched to night shift, and isn't here for bedtime. I'm ticked off that my favorite jeans don't fit anymore. And I screwed up not one, but TWO paintings today. :/ And you know I am -not- a perfectionist when it comes to paintings.
Don't compare yourself to me. I do crafty things because it's my therapy when I get stressed. :) It's out there to encourage others to get hands-on; not to make anyone feel less-than-perfect.
For the record, I just started painting this year. I never even attempted it (or thought of attempting it) when my oldest was 5-years old.
You are an inspiration. Don't forget it.
And art is just awesome as a process... don't worry about not knowing how. I own oils, and don't even know how to get started with them. Just get messy and have fun. :)

Wendy said...

And Happy late Birthday!!

Julia's family said...

And I've always thought YOU had it together and wished I could take lesson! =)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.