Monday, February 21, 2011

The makeover continues ...

I painted my kitchen last week. It's a lovely light blue - fresh and clean and bright - and I love it! My cabinets are dark brown, neutral tile - so I was thinking red accents. Especially after I hung that picture back up and saw the red awning and loved it next to the blue.

Well, lo and behold, wall decor was on sale at Hobby Lobby and I made a few little purchases.
I already had the flowers and the navy thing they're in. I think David got those for me for our first anniversary. (I've always loved red). The LOVE plaque reads: Love bears all things, believes all things, endures all things. LOVE it. :)

Then I discovered these lovely things and had to control my excitement in the store. Can you see the light blue coming through with all the brown and red??? These were made for my kitchen!!! The Micah 6:8 plaque is not just a great exhortation, it has light blue little paisley things on it! The next one says, "Christ is the center of our home, a guest at every meal and a listener at every conversation." The kids and I did our devotion this morning over that topic ... and it's going to be a reminder on my wall! The last one is Isaiah 32:17, "The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever." What a powerful verse! I also bought a big wooden spoon and fork - I couldn't resist. They were 1/2 off!!!

My sister, Amanda is coming over tomorrow to help me hang everything. Needless to say after all those exclamation points, I AM SO EXCITED!!! And after watching HGTV all weekend, I'll be moving on to the next room soon. :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Those are great! Can't wait to hang them!!!! :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.