Saturday, February 5, 2011

Still Running

The kids got jolly ranchers from my boss at the Y. Thanks boss. So I explained that they should not chew them because it's bad for their teeth. They could suck on them but be very careful. Hudson asked, "Why do we have to be careful?" Because you could choke. "What would happen if we did choke." We we're driving right by the fire department so I said, "I would have to drive you to the fire department and they would give you the Heimlick (who knows how to spell that?!). "What's the Heimlick?" I answered, "Well, they would wrap their arms around your stomach and pump really hard until the jolly rancher flew out of your throat." Then I just decided to go for the big scare, "You would probably throw up and you might get some ribs broken." Oh my goodness, what a terrible thing to tell your children! Hudson answered, "I will never eat Jolly Ranchers for the rest of my life!" Pierce said, "Or you could just be careful." Ha!

A few days later Hudson got some Starbursts at church. Every one wants my children sugared up except me! After lunch, when I was unwrapping them, Hudson asked, "Are these kind dangerous?" Yes son, all candy is dangerous.

Well, we've been snowed in for a week. Maybe longer. I don't know. I've lost all track of time. Thankfully our school routine has kept us busy and the kids have been way into digging tunnels in the snow. It's like the Great Escape in my back yard - secret tunnels and bunkers everywhere. What else are supposed to do with four foot snow drifts?!

For some reason, our little town is incapable of clearing roads. We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow and even more on Tuesday or Wednesday. Could we please get some driveable surface before the whole of this lovely little town goes insane?!

In other news I went out to do some laundry a couple of days ago (after my husband informed me that he was on his last pair of undies - I don't usually wait that long but it's been freezing and my washer and drier are in the garage, poor me!). Low and behold the washer would not turn on. Lots of buzzing, no water, no good. All of my facebook friends gave some great tips, so David put a space heater by the washer and by that afternoon we had a lovely little creek bed running through the garage. I think it's safe to assume something is busted. Well, we had to have undies so I picked through the laundry and gathered all the socks and underwear and brought them inside to my sink. Let's just say I'm so glad I was born in this century and that I'm not Amish. Hanging towels on the line is one thing. Washing and wringing out socks and underwear for 5 people is not my idea of a productive morning. At least the drier is still running. And the children are still running, so I'm also thankful that my coffee pot is also still running.

We'll be finishing our February bulletin board today and playing in the snow and risking our lives as we venture out on our treacherous roads in an effort to save our sanity. I'm making pizza tonight and cinnamon rolls for tomorrow's breakfast. It's a busy day folks!

1 comment:

Shannon Wheeler said...

Hudson is so funny. Don't be surprised if he holds it against you when he finds out that Jolly Ranchers are so yummy and fun to eat. Cute post.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.