Saturday, January 29, 2011

Car Conversations

Pierce asked, "Mom, do police even come get kids?" I answered, "If kids disobey they law, they have to be punished and that's the police's job." Pierce needed further clarification of this, "But if kids don't obey the law do they go to jail even if they're just kids?" I answered, "If kids are old enough to make bad choices (and gave several examples like stealing and breaking and entering) then they are old enough to pay the consequences." I told the kids what happens to most kids who disobey the law and said that's why it's so important that we choose wise friends and make wise decisions, etc. After a little thought Pierce said, "Well, I think my wise choice will be that I'll never run out in the street." Okay, good choice for a four-year-old. Then Alayna said, "I have a choice." Oh boy, what's your choice? "I will choose to eat cake." Really?? "Cake is yummy so that's a good choice." Makes perfect sense.


Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.