Sunday, January 23, 2011

Snow and School and a magnificent makeover

Don't you just love my snowy tree background??

Well, we're ready for a new week and here's a re-cap of the week that was...
This happy little cutie loves to play in our laundry/treadmill/girls play room. Earlier she climbed from the treadmill into that laundry basket and was standing on top of the laundry hiking her leg to get up on the tall chair behind the basket! Help!
It SNOWED. Oh the excitement of snow ice cream and snow men and snow angles and snow castles!
Hudson said, "This is just like the beach, only freezing!" And no ocean, and no, this is nothing like the beach. I just smile.
Alayna is all purple and pink and polkadots and Pierces old navy blue boots. Oh well. The snow princess loved the snow for the first time in her 2 1/2 years. "Oh, it's so wintery and beautiful," she said in her most high-pitched princess voice.
We still do school on snow days. Hudson has been writing a short paragraph about whatever story we read for reading. He was particularly proud of this paragraph. His teacher gave him and A. :)

I've been wanting to recover my dining room chairs almost since I bought them just before we got married. They're white, or I should say they were white. My dear sister, Amanda, got me new foam and fabric for Christmas and came over last week to show me how to recover these lovely chairs.
BEFORE ...
AFTER

I'm so proud of what a good job we did. Now I need to repaint the kitchen and dining room, sand down the kitchen cabinets and repaint them. And by the time that's done I'll be ready to move on to the rest of the house. Who knew one simple little project could snowball into an extreme home-makeover?! :)

1 comment:

Shannon Wheeler said...

awesome chairs, awesome kids.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.