Friday, January 7, 2011

The Icing on the Cake

Love that little ruffle-bottom ;)
Adelle - 8 months

I poured myself yet another cup of coffee. Add a little cream. Stir it around. Walk back to the school table. "Spell 'sentence'." Hudson continued his spelling test. "Pierce, build an A-B pattern. Alayna, color all the triangles purple. Spell 'cent'." And so the morning continues while Adelle finishes off the cornbread crumbs under the table then heads back into Alayna's little playroom (also the treadmill room). In the picture above she was on top of the box clapping her hands when I walked in (I picked her up, ran to grab the camera and put her back). She's a climber. I have to keep the bathroom doors closed now because she likes to climb in the bathtub. She's only done it once and I was right there watching her, but now I know she can. I'm amazed at her dexterity and skill. None of the other three were as quick to learn to do these things as she has been. I'm thinking about tying some jingle bells on her ankles just so I can keep track of her. She's also a big fan of toilet paper. Aren't we all though?!

It's been a little crazy trying to keep up with everything around here. I started Pierce on reading lessons every day. He loves anything one-on-one and is doing great. He's doing a lot more math stuff this semester too - very hands on stuff like building color patterns with legos, building pictures with different shapes and working story problems with counting bears. Hudson is new territory for me, but Pierce is round 2 and I'm enjoying it even more!

Hudson is working through a lot of 1st and 2nd grade level stuff. I'm so glad to be homeschooling for that very reason. There are some things he excels in and is ready for more of a challenge. And there are other subjects he needs to spend a little more time on. It's great to be able to be flexible.

Alayna does a little preschool workbook every day that she loves. She thinks she's bigger than she is. Today she was running "the circle" around the house and as she came through the kitchen she said, "This is how fast I ran when I was a teenager." Mmmhmm.

It's January so, of course, the personal training has picked up quite a bit. I'm working a couple of hours every day training and at the Y. Between that and school and keeping up with my house and feeding everyone over here, I have very little extra time. I'm enjoying every minute though! For now, I'm going to take advantage of a quiet afternoon and rest with Alayna. Nothing sweeter than nap time on a busy day at the end of a busy week.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I miss those ruffle bottom jammies. Adelle is like Kate was. You know you can get little shoes that squeak when they walk. That could help keep track of her when she starts walking next week. :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.