Tuesday, January 18, 2011

To be terrific you gotta be specific

One of my 2011 goals is to keep up better with this blog. I have lots of blogger friends who do such a fantastic job posting links and pictures and updates and fun stories or recipes or whatever. I'm usually doing good to put a few pictures up for my far-away family members. This year is busier with more kids in school and a baby underfoot, however, I have high hopes of doing a little bit better. I have a friend who always posts Thankful Thursdays. She has eight children - if she can do it, I should be able to do it. Well, hey, there's a great idea! Maybe I should just have a day of the week that I ALWAYS post. Not that I wouldn't post something on other days too, if time allowed, but I would for sure plan that at least one post would go up on that specific day of the week. I evaluated what this blog is really about - my beautiful, wonderful children and our endeavors to raise them and keep the family and friends updated on what's going on with us - then I began to mull over appropriate titles for a weekly post. I was going for something original, but my thought process was interrupted when emergency mommy situations struck all four children at the same time requiring super glue, wipies, more wipies, some deep breathing and nose blowing.

But that was Monday, and this is Tuesday. Tuesday's are terrific. On Monday we do double schoolwork, I try to catch up on all necessary housework and bake a few batches of muffins or cookies or whatever for the rest of the week. I teach pilates on Monday night (that really is the best way to end a Monday). I come home and put the kids to bed and read for a little while until I can't possibly keep my eyes open another second. On Tuesdays, terrific Tuesday!!! I hustle the kids off for their day out and my day with just Adelle. I usually get a lot done and have a great nap before the kids come home in the afternoon. Seems like the best day to blog. All that to say, you may now look forward to Terrific Tuesday posts with links and pictures and recipes and funny stories. Doesn't that sound terrific?! :) And now for some pictures ...

The ninja-knight and the princess-cowgirl.
Alayna working with pattern blocks.
My girls love playing together.
Mommy and the princess.
Pierce counting and lining up the counting bears in A-B pattern formation.

Cheese stick mustache - lovely.

3 comments:

Katie said...

So cute. I love your kids. And YAY for Terrific Tuesdays!!

Shannon Wheeler said...

wow, I love pattern blocks and counting bears! yay for terrific tuesdays! Perhaps I'll do Mediocre Monday, or wacky wednesday.

Fred Love said...

your Monday could be Marvelous, your Tuesday could be Tantalizing, you Wednesday could be Wonderful, and your Thursday could be Thoughtful, or Fabulous Friday, or Super Saturday, or Sweet Sunday - really the possibilities are endless, cheesy, but endless.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.