Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bedtime stories and Tutus

My fortune cookie this afternoon said I was good with words and someday I should write a book. I'm really good at making up stories to tell the kids. One day maybe I'll write those down. The boys like "The Three Brothers." For a while these brothers went on real adventures of my childhood: camping, skiing, hiking, exploring Australia's Great Barrier Reef and riding motorcycles down the Great Ocean Road or taking a 4WD through a rain forest with a river full of crocs. True stories. Then they built a time machine and a rocket and the stories got more inventive. My imagination took another turn after watching Modern Family and croctopus found it's way into our story - a creature with the jaws of a crocodile and the tentacles of an octopus. Yes, my cool points went way up with that story.

In other news I bought the girls tutu skirts and they are SO CUTE. The practical side of me had been holding off from this unnecessary purchase. I'm not a frivolous shopper. My kids have plenty of clothes right now. Who really needs a tutu anyway? Well, I don't know. But I do know that they are just darling and I have no regrets from that purchase. I'll get a picture of them one of these days.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Nothing wrong with tutus. Good for dressing up on Sunday morning, or for looking cute while roaming around the house in jeans or sweats. Every girl needs one!! ;)

Now if crocotopus could wear a tutu ... now THAT would make for an interesting story!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.