Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Crafty-ness!

I was in charge of the craft for our annual church Women's Retreat this year. I found this fabulous blog with all manner of crafty wonder and these fabric rosettes immediately grabbed my attention. Seriously check out all her stuff. Natsprat is a creative crafty genius. Her tutorial is way cuter than mine, but New Life Ranch is not equipped with Wifi so this lovely poster board had to do the trick.

And this is the finished product!
So easy and SO CUTE! Beware, it's addictive. I've made about 372.

We've been digging a hole to China. Our bathwater is brown every night. Loving the spring weather!!!
See the little purple rosette in her hair. She actually left it in! I'm loving the chubby little arms and legs in shorts and t-shirts. Oh.My!
How sweet is this?! Love those boys.

Funny story about Alayna. She's got this sheer, tie-dye ribbon that she loves to tie around her head or her wrist or just about anything. She calls it her Indian crown/bracelet/whatever. But instead of saying "Indian," she says "idiot." I got to laughing so hard this morning as she twirled around the living room singing, "I have my idiot crown," in her most beautiful singing voice. She's a funny one.

She's 11 months old (yesterday). I could write a book about how incredible she is and how much I love her. This happy little expression is pretty much constant. I pick her up from the crib and she squeezes me and presses her face into mine. She's just pretty much awesome. Time to start party planning!

2 comments:

Simply Smith said...

I love your rosettes! I saw this tutorial, and have been dying to make some! I already have my fabric cut! :D

Katie said...

Okay, the idiot comment made me spit up coffee. Through my nose. LOVE HER! That is awesome.

I think our next play date should include herding the kids into your play room while you and I sit at the kitchen table and make more rosettes. Yes? :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.