Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Vacationing in Georgia

We're home and had the best trip ever! Seriously, traveling with four small children can be disastrous, but I couldn't have asked for a better more rejuvenating time! God blessed us exponentially. I tend to be an exaggerator, but this is no exaggeration.

David and Hudson were at their Bible conference during the day so the little one's and I scoped out the little town and found some play grounds and we did A LOT of playing.

Adelle found a stick ... and a cigarette butt, but we didn't pose for that picture.

The sandbox dance - woohoo!
This was the biggest slide ever!
"This slide is shocky with electricity." Loving those four-year-scientific terms.
Alayna braves the monster slide.
Swangin'!
"Higher! Faster!"
After all that playing they all needed a bath, a bubble bath, no less. We like making grandpa facial hair - the entertainment is endless.
Traveling in the van with four car seats is crazy fun! Sometimes they slept all at the same time, but that was rare. My favorite road quote from Alayna was, "Mom, I'm so boring!" Ha!
Smily was a good girl.
Boys in the back with their ice chest pillow. They had a great conversation about how strong God is. Hudson: "Pierce, do you know how strong God is?" Pierce: "Well if just flicked you with his finger you would land in the next universe." Wow, that's a long way. :) Here's a video of some SERIOUS DANCING going on in the back seat.
Daddy was the driver ...
Mommy was the navigator/entertainer/snack waitress.
Hotel pools are always a highlight.
Don't mind that mess of mascara - check out that cute baby!
What a doll.
Huddy Buddy
All pink and purple and ruffles and flowers - of course!

Pierce as Aquaman. He was funny. A few great quotes of the week: At Walmart in the middle of a crowded aisle, "Wow, there sure are a lot of brown people." Smile, nervous laugh, moving on. Then we got to the cashier, "Mom, did God make mostly peach people?" I said, "No, God made all different colors of people." Thankfully, my "brown" cashier smiled and laughed out loud. Oh boy.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I just love the quotes. I'm so boring. :)
Pierce could've gotten you in trouble. Well, glad you had fun. We sure missed you. Kate was sure Alayna was going to love her Easter dress and head band. We'll have to re-Easter some time.

Katie said...

How fun!! I can't wait to sit and chat. I'm so glad the trip was rejuvenating!!

Shannon Wheeler said...

Hahaha, I laughed and cried a little. So precious. Adelle is so beautiful and looks just like Hudson. The picture of just him in the pool... I thought it was Adelle for a split second. Funny quotes.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.