Thursday, March 15, 2012

Freddy School

My sister is getting married this weekend so we've been practicing wedding hair do's.  Isn't this great?!  these are called Bantu Knots .  I really don't think they were intended for little white-girl hair, but we tried it anyway.  She said she looked like an alien.  ;) 

Turned out super curly and cute, but with such fine, baby hair it was a rat's nest by the end of the day.  She's sleeping in sponge rollers tonight.  Can't wait to see if those do better.  I'll let you know.

Men at Work
Here's Hudson working on a paper about his monkey using lots of similes.  He wrote, "My monkey is brown and calm like a day without wind.  He makes me feel calm too."  I'm going to remember that the next time I have to send him outside to run laps! Pierce mastered his addition facts and is moving into the world of subtraction.  He's awesome.


I always loved those Jane Eyer movies ... er ... um... books!  Where the men get an education and the girls learn the piano forte, and drawing and painting, etc.  That's what my mornings look like right now.    I get the boys going and oversee their work while the girls flit about.  Here's Adelle, still in her cute little cherry jammies (I think these have made it all the way through the Weber cousins and Alayna - Adelle's the last!), playing something lovely.

This cute little blur in leggings is dancing to Adelle's song.  Love it.
Just had to capture a typical reading lesson with Pierce.  By the end of the day I have been wallered (is that a word?!) 1/2 to death!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love "wallered". I need to use that more. And Bantu Knots do not work for me. Love the cherry jammies. :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.