Saturday, March 3, 2012

Projects. Serious projects.


Well, hello again!  We're celebrating our anniversary this weekend by eating too much, staying out too late (we saw The Artist - incredible!), sleeping in (until 8 am because I'm the weirdo who can't sleep in! - so I blog), running an insane number of miles (9!!! Only 4 to go!), and menu planning and grocery shopping together ... with no kids.  See, it's all fun and doable with no kids.

So, we're not watching TV anymore, which is great.  The kids are more creative and more focused during school.  I'm more intentional, even when I'm tired, about playing with them, engaging them ... or just letting them make movies of themselves with my phone!  They're pretty funny.

Anyway, I've been a little bored at night.  I read my devotional, write in my journal, read my book while I sip my hot tea ... do I sound like an old woman yet?!  Just wait!  Because I've been going through my Pinterest boards to pick out new projects.  Might as well fill my evenings with some DIY projects that will rock your world.  Maybe not, but I lean toward exaggeration.  :)  I thought I would link a few of my latest projects here so you can check them out yourself.

Pillow Case Dresses - How cute are these?!  My little girly girls will love them!


Little Boy Ties - My sister, Angela, is getting married in a couple of weeks.  I'm going to venture out and make a couple of these in Kelly Green for the little ring bearer and junior groomsman.



I'm re-doing the girls' room pretty soon too.  Here's some of my inspiration:


clematis
Flower planter toy storage
Paper on Canvas.
 Paper Birds on canvas
window with fabric behind...lovelyLove the framed fabric window and the multi-fabric pendent ceiling border.Lot's of fun work to do with modge podge and the sewing machine.

And I think I'll make a couple of these for good measure.  That'll keep me busy for a while.  :)

This is so cute...cute enough to have my mom make ;)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ya man!

Katie said...

I love all of these. And I can't wait for you to start kicking my butt this week. My post-baby flab thanks you (in case I forget while I'm groaning in pain).

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.