Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Wedding Weekend and more



My sister, Angela, finally married Robert Alexander Hurt, aka, the Bobinator (that's what my kids call him).  We're so happy for them and it was one of the funnest weddings I've ever been to. 

Adelle and me in the bride's room before the wedding.

Alayna's gorgeous hair and my handsome boys.

The boys loved their striped ties and Alayna's little bubble skirt dress was gorgeous.
Adelle was a cutie too.  Speaking of cuties... Pierce asked me what a "cutie" was.  I said it was those little oranges we buy at the store.  He said, "No, mom, it's something gooles (girls) give you."  Cooties!


Fred and me out on the deck - perfect night!  There are so many more pictures on facebook.  We got a Cherry Berry gift card for being in the wedding - best treat ever!  Thanks Ange and Bob!


 In other news, last weekend (two weekends ago) I didn't have time for a whole long run because of the wedding and I was subbing pilates at the Y.  So I decided to run to the Y, teach pilates and run home.  Brilliant really, except that I forgot to eat breakfast or hydrate properly.  The run home was fairly brutal.  But I made it, 7 miles in all.  So this last gorgeous Saturday I completed an 11 mile run and felt great.  I ate breakfast, drank plenty of water, carried water with me and felt good at the end.  Amazing!  I'm almost there.  Race day is April 29th.  I should have a few more miles under my belt by then.  I never thought I would say running is fun, but ... Running Is FUN!

3 comments:

mb said...

RUNNING IS FUN!!! VICTORY!! (insert evil laugh here!) :)

Shannon Wheeler said...

Hahaha. Funny comment, MB. That's awesome. I still can't believe you're a runner, but I'm starting to. What shoes to do you run in? Way to go 11 miles. I ran 9 miles once, and then decided I never wanted to run again :)

Fred Love said...

Brooks Glycerin - and I fly

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.