Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Anniversary Oh-Choh

Happy 8th Anniversary to us!

Yesterday, I was explaining to the kids what an anniversary is... "It's when you celebrate something that happened to you.  A birthday is the anniversary of your birth so you get to have a party.  This is the anniversary of our marriage so we get to go out to eat and maybe stay at a hotel."  Pierce says, "Or you could play a joke on dad."

This is a real conversation.  Hudson says, "Like put some ice down his pants!"

Pierce says, "Yeah, or put some slimy chicken on his back!"

Hudson says, "Pierce!  I never knew you were so gross!"

Pierce says, "What?!  I'm not a lady!"  Boys are weird.

David is a self-sacrificing, loving husband to me.  He's willing to do the dishes and the laundry and help me keep up with the house stuff.  He runs to Starbucks when I need a pick-me-up.  He lovingly gives up that last bit of dessert when we share (sometimes I just need my own!).  He's an awesome daddy to our four little Freddies and has vision and purpose for our family that keeps us seeking the Lord in prayer and His Word.  The fruit of his efforts are evident in our children's prayers and conversations (maybe even the slimy chicken comment!).  I'm so grateful for the last eight years.  We're counting on this being the best year yet!  Love you Freddy!  :)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That's hilarious. "I'm not a lady." Ya, put ice down his pants. :)
Happy anniversary to you both!

Mrs. Troop said...

Precious! :-) I think your boys may be taking after their daddy a bit? Ha! Happy Anniversary to you two! I remember your wedding day - beautiful! And I know I've said it, but it bears repeating. Freddy was such a huge part of my growing up years - there are NOT words for how happy it makes all of us to see how blessed he is with you and your littles. God is so good!

Katie said...

Your boys crack me up. And this is precious.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.