Monday, February 6, 2012

Plantar what? Sounds like a bad word ... And it is!

My legs were tired at the end of my run Saturday. I stretched while chatting with mom and dad, then drove home to make dinner and revert from athlete mode to mom mode. We ran everyone through the shower, played some games and got everything laid out for church the next morning. But come morning I could barely walk, not because my legs were sore, but because my feet hurt so bad. I made it through kindergarten Sunday School without too much grimacing but by afternoon and evening I had a very obvious limp. We watched the Super Bowl at Mimi & Papa's house. I sat on the couch with ice on my feet. We watched Madonna's rigid lip sync while Adelle put on a much better show in the living room. My feet felt better after icing. I iced the again when we got home. I could walk without limping this morning but it still hurts. I'll ice again today but plan on taking the week off from running to make sure I recover fully.

It's not plantar anything. I read up on it and it should pass in the next couple of days. I'll post a link to Adelle's half-time show in the next blog post.

3 comments:

Shannon Wheeler said...

where does it hurt? maybe you needs the higher arch support... or... MINIMUS! are you midfoot running?

Amanda said...

Fasciitis. It's a fun word, but I'm glad you don't have it.
Ya Al, have you read Born to Run? Very informative. What do I know, I'm not a runner. But I do hear minims is best.

Fred Love said...

Yes, I'm a mid foot striker but I have a neutral Brooks shoe that I got from the foot whisperer at Elite Feet in Edmond. He said my calves are super tight and I should stretch like 20 minutes a day! That's a long time.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.