Sunday, February 5, 2012

Run like the wind

This is why I never blog!  Every time I sit down at the computer someone joins me!  I really don't mind too much.  :)

So, I ran 7.6 miles yesterday.  I've run 5 and 6 miles before, but I ran a loop at the park or ran around a neighborhood.  This time I ran 3.5 miles out one busy street (with a sidewalk) and 3.5 miles back up another busy street, then around the hospital to get my last 1/2 mile in.  It was a little scary being out that far and knowing the only way back home was to keep running.

It was a nice chilly Saturday with lots of geese around the pond (and lots of goose poop to dodge on the sidewalk - that makes for an entertaining stride); fighter jets veering off left, right and straight up - so cool.  I waved at cars that honked and gave directions to one lady, and shied away from large men all bundled up out walking their huge dogs.

I'm following Jeff Galloway's run-walk training plan. I run three minutes, walk one minute.  I think I'll up it to 4 and 1 next week.  Since I got an iphone all things are possible.  I downloaded an app called Interval Timer.  I used it for HIIT training but I can set the intervals at any time I want.  So my phone beeps at me when it's time to walk or time to run.  I also got Runtastic Pro which maps my run, pace, distance, overall time, calories, heart rate, altitude, and reads minds.  Incredible.

Anyway, I haven't even looked at next weeks' run.  I'll plan some exciting route and fly.  It'll be great!  :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

My gracious, you're a total runner! And a total blogger again. I'm so impressed! Good job. :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.