Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday Morning!

There's a cushion fort in my living room and applesauce all over my baby, who's not a baby anymore.  I switched out all the girl clothes to 2's and 4's.  They're getting bigger.  A girl at the Y the other day said, "Oh, last time I saw you, you had just had a baby.  How old is she now?"  She'll be two in May.  Wow.  I ran out of half & half and milk, so I put heavy cream in my coffee this morning.  It's divine. But I should go to the grocery store.

I'm running 8 miles this afternoon.  I plan on remembering my headphones today so I don't die of boredom.  Last week I ran at the park in a drizzly rain with no headphones around the 1/2 mile loop with two other guys and their dogs.  It was boring and a little awkward.  You can smile and say hi, the first time you pass them.  The next 10 times are just weird.

Funny things for the week (mostly from Alayna):


  • "Mom, Adelle bit my shoulder and then my foot hurt."  That's usually the way it works.
  • "Mom, you know what's so funny?  Some people have wrinkles on their face!"  Not funny.
  • Every night after she's tucked in bed, and I'm tucked in bed, she comes into my room.  "I just made up this beautiful song that I needed to sing to you before I forget it."  Her most recent creation, "They needed to change clothes so they did and they put all their laundry away and their mom was so happy she gave them a hug."  Oh my, what a lovely song.  ;)

In other news, one boy got a bar of soap in his mouth for saying a "bad" word.  I used to give them a tsp of picante sauce.  They hated it, but adjusted and now they want it on everything!  So I moved up a notch to vinegar.  That was just plain torture for both of us.  The bar of soap was just funny.  We'll see how long he remembers to watch his little mouth!

We've reached the season of Lent once again.  I don't usually have the kids join us in fasting during this time, but we decided to make this season as meaningful and memorable as the Christmas season.  It's all about the power of the resurrection of Christ and what that means for our daily lives.  So we decided to fast from television.  Whoa baby!  The kids have done great.  Alayna doesn't get it, "But Strawberry Shortcake is a good show!"  Explaining fasting in three-year-old terms is not easy.  We're doing fun things from Passionate Homemaking's blog leading up to Easter.  This means a little bit more focus on my part ( a little bit more coffee, a little bit more planning, a lot less panic when the finger paints are required for a project!).

Since there are no Saturday morning cartoons, I should probably go pull out the finger paints or something before they bring the house down!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.