Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Kid's Fishing Day

Our little family ventured out on our first camping trip to the Roaring River in Missouri.  It was INCREDIBLE!  The kids had so much fun.  David and I did sacrifice one sleepless night of storms and rain and a baby in an unfamiliar environment - but it was so worth all the fun and memories made.  The picture above is the boys playing in the cool clear river and throwing rocks (that's really the only thing they wanted to do the whole time).
Alayna was the happy baby she is.  The crawling camper can be a challenge.  Someday she'll be a hiker ;)
I was going to show Hudson it was okay to touch the fish.  Papa held it out to me and said, "Just put your finger in its mouth."  Okay, no big deal.  I'm not squirmy around slimy fish mouths.  Then he yelled and made the mouth clamp down over my finger.  I, of course, screamed.  Hudson was the only brave fish-petter after that.

Cousin fun - what's better than this?  Seriously it was 24 hours of pure delight.  Our kids had so much fun hiking and fishing and playing in creation.  No other entertainment - just hard core fun and serious sleep when it was all said and done ;)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Yes, it was totally worth the struggle. We should do it every year.

Katie said...

I can't wait to take Caleb camping!! This looked so fun!! And how do you manage to still look gorgeous, even in the great outdoors??

Heather said...

OH Roaring River! You probably drove through my hometown to get there--I grew up about 20 minutes from there! They dismiss schools for opening day of trout season because everyone skips that day anyway!

Amanda said...

So, I never heard from you on how you felt after zumba and then teaching your class. How'd you like zumba anyway?

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.