Thursday, May 28, 2009

Playing Outside

It's been gorgeous for a WEEK, so we've been playing outside like crazy.

eating oranges
hanging around  - this horse has incredible upper body strength.
the giant baby is right in there with the boys - look out!
This smile is sporting 5 teeth


New NB tennis shoes with a wider toe box and added high arch supports.  I'm always embarrassed to try on new shoes.  My feet are one of my many "unchangeables."  While I preach to my children about being fashioned by God, I still feel embarrassed by my wide feet and unsightly toes that are so NOT feminine.  Anyways, these shoes will hopefully keep my toes from going to sleep during cardio.  Speaking of cardio, I took my first ever Zumba class at the Y with my sister and a friend.  For those who don't know, it's a Latin dance exercise class - lots of hip shaking going on.  And for those who don't know me well, let me just tell you, I'm not a hip shaker.  Seriously, my cheeks were red and it was not from exertion.  I was also next to some serious and very unforgiving hip-shakers.  They weren't into humoring beginners.  Needless to say, I most likely will not be back.


4 comments:

Shannon Wheeler said...

Ah! I like your shoes. I love your kids. And I love that you obey me and blog pictures when I tell you to.

Shannon Wheeler said...

I fear Alayna might have our cheeks/chin. but she looks beautiful.

Steph said...

love the pics. love your humor at Zumba? i am not coordinated at all!! love you girl. Alayna cracked me up today. she thinks she is big!!

Amanda said...

I wasn't embarrassed to shake it because it was just you right behind me. :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.