Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Little Craziness

 I should be doing a hundred other things.  But I'm not.  I am sweating.  Our AC unit went out at the end of last summer.  We sweat it out then and figured we'd get one installed sometime before this summer.  Well, it's not in yet and I am literally dripping with sweat.  Grateful for the breeze and the coming rain to cool my house again.

We're all going camping this weekend.  It's Kid's Fishing Day and the Roaring River in Missouri.  Hudson went with daddy & papa last year.  This year the WHOLE family is going - Papa & Mimi, Uncle Nate & Aunt Manda and their girls, Aunt Ange and her friend, Alisha and all of us.  I'm counting on getting little to no sleep with Alayna, but I can hack it for one night.  We went to Wally World this morning and got new Batman sunglasses, and crocs, bug spray, etc.  We cleaned out the van and now the boys are packing lots of unnecessary things in their bags that I'll have to weed out while they're asleep.  

Pierce is totally potty trained.  It's a miraculous turn of events.  He stays dry at night, he poops & pees in the toilet.  He wears Spiderman underwear everywhere we go and does great on public toilets too.  I'm so amazed at how fast he mastered the potty chair and so excited to only have to buy one box of diapers at time!  And no swimming diapers this year for him.  He's a free man :)

I was knocking the boys over a couple of days ago (I know that sounds weird, they love that game) and somehow Hudson's tooth caught on my finger nail.  His tooth was fine but my poor nail separated down to the middle of the pink and bled like crazy.  They both kissed it but it still hurts ;)

2 comments:

Shannon Wheeler said...

gross about your fingernail.

I'm glad you don't have to use warm water anymore on Pierce.

Sad I can't go camping. Sad Sad Sad.

Steph said...

hope you guys have a wonderful trip. can't wait to hear about it and see pics. thanks again for the books!! steph

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.