Friday, June 19, 2009

Cookies

We made chocolate chip cookies yesterday because we needed "a better snack than graham crackers" according to Hudson.  Results are in ... they were messy :)


Sister even got to try one.  I forgot to take the after picture of her.  Let's just say I had to completely change her clothes and stick her in the sink for a rinse down.

Daddy's going to the doctor this morning.  For the last two weeks he's been either gone or sick.  Hopefully we'll get some answers soon and he can rejoin the land of the cookie monsters.  I've been keeping them busy and they haven't really noticed anything wrong.  Hudson asked me yesterday why we were doing so many fun things.  Because that's what we do in the summer :)

On that note, the only way to continue in strength through this for me has been to abide in Christ and to dwell on the TRUTH of His Word.

The Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; 
The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; 
The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; 
The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;  
The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; 
The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.  
More to be desired are they than gold...sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
Psalm 19:7-10

I watched my kids downing their cookies, enjoying every crumb, begging for more.  I gave them one more and said, "Do you know what God's Word says."
Hudson said, "What mom?  Is this some wisdom?"  We call our Bible time at the table a "wisdom search."  It's a term my family used when I was young.
"Yes, Hudson, this is wisdom.  God's Word says, 'taste and see that the Lord is good.'"
"You can't eat God!"  I knew that was coming.
"No.  But see how you're eating all your cookies and they taste so good and you want more and more?  When you read God's Word and pray to him and spend time with him, that's like a taste.  And when you see how good it is to do that, you want more and more and more."  Then we all took turns talking to God for a few seconds (they're little - attention spans are super short :) ).  I love taking advantage of the quiet teachable moments.

3 comments:

Shannon Wheeler said...

compare Pierce's eyes in the picture to your eyes in the picture of you and Dave. Cute.

Alayna looks so beautiful. Can't wait to hug them all someday

Steph said...

loved the teachable moment. you are so good with the kiddos!! you are doing a great job. hope you guys had a relaxing weekend.

MelissaC said...

Very cute! You can tell they really enjoyed the cookies!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.