Thursday, October 30, 2008

Big Picture

A great day for me include accomplishing certain things:

1.  A clean house
2. Bible Study
3. A workout with or without a successive shower
4. Preparing a good dinner
5. Quality learning time with my kids
6. Quality time with my husband

So the question is:  Am I being too ambitious here or not?  David and I had a discussion the other day and came to this conclusion: If my day is all wrapped up as a success or a failure according to these ambitions, my ambition is sin.  God is sovereign and has ordered my day according to His will.  While I must plan my day and be organized, Almighty God is the One who directs my steps.  I have to trust that God's plan is better than my own every time.  So, if I don't make it to the gym because my kids are sick - that is God's good and perfect plan.  Maybe He's protecting me from something - I don't know.  "He, whose heart is kind beyond all measure, gives unto each day what He deems best."

So, today, I'm a happy mom (and not just because I'm running on THREE cups of strong coffee).  This morning I acknowledged that my day is the Lord's and not my own.  His will is perfect and "He gives a special mercy for each hour... He whose name is Counselor and Power!"  --Day by Day, by Thomas Moore.  No matter what happens or doesn't happen today, I can be content in God's predestined plan for me.

  

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm ready for those Christmas presents too. :) Wish I had a great idea for something to MAKE for your kids that they would LOVE.
Good "Big Picture" thoughts.
All true and good. If only I believed it. :)

Steph said...

what a great outlook!! you are precious.
you are doing an amazing job!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing and posting this. I needed to read this and be reminded about God being in charge of our day and having the perfect plan for it no matter what our plan is. Last week I was frustrated each day that passed when I didn't get everything accomplished that I wanted to. Today I was determined to just take it as it went and it worked out better.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.