Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Devastated

Those who know me, know that I need coffee in the morning.  It's not an addiction, it's just part of my routine (denial).  

Well, the coffee pot gave out Saturday morning, but I was able to revive it for a few more days. However,  this drizzly Tuesday morning I woke up, fed the baby, and started the coffee - but nothing happened.  Seriously, there is nothing better than a hot cuppa joe on a rainy morning.  I can happily do dishes and laundry and all manner of otherwise tiresome tasks with vim, vigor and vitality if I am, all the while, sipping breakfast blend.  Devastated, I made some English Breakfast tea that did not hit the spot.

So, before considering my morning a complete and utter loss, I packed up the kids and drove through Starbucks - thank you mom for the gift card!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is depressing. lately, rather than loading my coffee full of high fructose, and other words that mean bad things contained in non-dairy creamer, i just fill it 1/4 with hot chocolate and 3/4 coffee. and one sweetener. and it's so good. choffee. i know you can't just make hot chocolate all the time though... i guess the caf isn't so bad. tons of random foods and beverages at my disposal.

dude. do you have any pictures? i need to see you guys.

Anonymous said...

haaa. I just read your shower comment. are you going to make it to my pre-marriage party?

Margo said...

oh my goodness...I am so sorry to hear about your loss...did you buy a new one today??? I can swing you by a cup in the morning if you need one! I am taking Caden to PDO at 9!

Anonymous said...

oh my, that's awesome! I can't wait to open all of my presents and have the capabilities of making stuff like that. someday... and I am a real vegetarian. that does not make me healthy though. it's hard to be healthy. and could I really be a 31? I'm not expecting 12. I was expecting like 22 or something.

Amanda said...

AL, you're making your own butter now? I'm doing good to get my teeth brushed.

6 Happy Hearts said...

I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your coffee maker.
That's why I went to Diet Coke.
I'm believing all the chemicals will preserve my health in some way...
wwaaahhhh!!!!

Anonymous said...

i put too much hot chocolate in my coffee this morning. it just tasted like hot chocolate and I was sad.

Steph said...

hey sweet friend. i found your blog. now i can keep up with your sweet family. i will miss seeing you guys tomorrow but i will catch up with ya soon. have a great week.

The Frugal Muse said...

Woh- your new blog design looks awesome. where did you get it??

Amanda said...

I tried to get my free new blog page and it wouldn't work. Do I have to get rid of all my side stuff (pics, blogs I follow...) to make it work.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.