Monday, October 20, 2008

Terrible & Terrific Two!

I know this is a small picture.  It's Pierce trying to watch tv in the waiting room while I was in labor with Alayna.  I seriously need a guide book for this child.  I did a child training and disciplining class this past weekend and I still have no idea what to do with him except to continue being consistent in training and shaping his heart.

He sleeps in his tennis shoes and baseball cap.  He only wants to wear muscle shirts and basketball shorts because they're "awethome." If I put long pants and long sleeves on him, he pulls up the legs and pushes up the arms and CRIES if they don't stay put.  He just turned 2 a couple of weeks ago so, I'm officially and seriously potty training - CRAZY!  

He's actually doing great for day one.  I guess the crazy part is me - I'm the one who nursing and potty training at the same time (among other things).  P is sitting on his potty chair right now watching a movie as I type and Alayna plays happily under her gym.  Hudson is "reading."  The dishwasher is humming and it's pretty peaceful presently.  Oh, Lord, please let it last!!!  

It's hairy at times and humorous to be outnumbered by little people, especially when one of them is Pierce :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, I can't wait to see him. man, he's cute.

MelissaC said...

How funny that he wants to be awesome! Delaney is my strong-willed child. She is Pierce sound a lot alike. Must be a second-born thing. Agh!

Fred Love said...

Seriously, I put a pull-up on him for nap time and he could not be convinced that it wasn't a swimming diaper - so he slept in his swimming suit!

Amanda said...

As I told Shannon, I had my word verification thing stopped because I thought it was a hassel. But I think that's how I got all that spam. So I brought back the word verification. Hopefully that fixes things.

Amanda said...

Well, it was actually 7:15, but you should still be impressed. Riley got up to pee at 5:30 and Claire at 6, and so it began. So that's why I was already blogging by 7. Thank the Lord it's a coffee day. :)

Penny Wanzer said...

He so reminds me of LUKE!!! Luke used to wear a cap ALL THE TIME. I used to have to peal his clothing off to wash them. He would get a food or piece of clothing that he liked and that was all he wanted. He wore me out. But, that strong will is paying off as a teenager and the key is keeping a good relationship with him. I remember a mom that had older kids than mine talk about how much she laughed with her kids. I so needed reminded of that with Luke. Oh, this time will fly and you'll miss it. Pick your battles and enjoy his differences.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.