Thursday, August 27, 2009

Glory is Shiny



For Bible in school, Hudson and Pierce are going through Leading Little Ones to Christ by Marian Schoolland.  It's old.  My parents used it to teach me when I was Hudson's age.

Today's lesson was called, We Cannot See God.  It was all about how God is a Spirit and no one has every looked on Him because His glory and holiness are so bright.  We read the story of Moses on the mountain who had to be shielded from God's glory and still came off the mountain with a shining face.

The boys fiddle and wiggle during this lesson.  They can answer the questions, but I never really know how much they are absorbing.  Tonight during our bedtime prayers Hudson's exact words were, "Dear Heavenly Father, I just ask that you would show me a little bit of your glory, but not too much.  In Jesus' name, Amen."

1 comment:

Angela said...

That is sweet. Hudson is so awesome.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.