Thursday, August 13, 2009

Meet Me in St. Louis

6:15 am - Wipe the sleep from my eyes, roll myself out of bed and head for the bathroom.  Always go to the bathroom BEFORE you go get the crying baby.  Good tip.  Change poopy diaper and give the sleepy-eyed, messy-haired, beautiful little girl of mine some milk (in the straw cup she will actually drink out of!).  Sit baby girl on left hip and head to the kitchen for the making of the coffee with free right hand.

7 am - Two sleepy-eyed, messy-haired, morning-breath boys come snuggle up beside me on the couch.  "Is it Saturday?"  Standard morning question.  Standard morning answer, "No cartoons."  

7:15 - Make breakfast for all.  Family devotions: currently using a family devotion book based on the shorter Catechism called Training Hearts Teaching Minds by Starr Meade.

7:45 - Get everybody dressed, teeth brushed, bed made, and start school.

Thus my day goes, like clock-work (except for the ever-changing baby).  Tomorrow, however, all of that will change for the first time in a LONG time.  I'm headed to St. Louis to see my sister and I'm leaving hubby and kiddos home!  Actually, David will just have the boys.  Alayna gets to stay with my Aunt whom she adores.

I'm all nerves and excitement: nerves for my family, and excitement for me!  Pictures to come!

6 comments:

Tyson and Lisa said...

yay! have a great trip!

Kristal {Love, Grace & Hope} said...

Sounds fun!! Enjoy your time away!!

Katie said...

Have fun, friend!

The Frugal Muse said...

Have a great trip! Hope you come back refreshed in a thousand ways!

Amanda said...

I am so VERY excited.

Shannon Wheeler said...

YES.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.