Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back to Reality


Taking Pierce to the bathroom this morning I called him a stinky boy.  He said, "No, you're a stinky boy."  I smiled, "I'm not a boy."  He looked at me quizzically, "Is that because you don't have boy hair?"  

During family devotions this morning we talked about how the Holy Spirit inspired the prophets to write the Bible.  Hudson pondered this for a long time then asked, "Why didn't the Holy Spirit tell them to draw some pictures?"


The giant baby is officially walking.  As I type she's feeding herself eggs and drinking her milk.  Did life just get easier or what?!  

And that is my reality now that I'm home from my AMAZING weekend away. Here's a shout-out to my incredible parents who made our weekend possible and SO FUN!!!

Shannon (the sister who lives in St. Louis) and Ange.
Mom & Dad at our hotel before we went out to dinner at Deardorf's.
Angela, Amanda, & Alyson - three of the four sisters.
Dad & Ange at the Cardinals game.
Starbucks at the airport - good stuff.

Too much fun and a much needed break.  Baby's done with breakfast.  Off we go.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Love your dinner dress!! So cute!!

I'm glad you had a good weekend away. You deserved it! Welcome back!!

Amanda said...

Sweet times. We must do it again some day.

Amanda said...

Don't worry. We have all manner of shorts, pants and skorts too. But the jumpers with peterpan blouse are her favorite.

Shannon Wheeler said...

I don't need to be reminded to eat. you know that. you have some adorable, clever children.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.