Wednesday, August 26, 2009

They Brighten My Day

A real smile - I love it!
My gorgeous boy, but don't tell him I said so.  Cool and awesome are about the only adjectives we can use to describe Pierce ... and big, not little :)
The giant baby's on the loose.  Alayna with the Bubba-teeth pacifier was a terrifying thing for the boys!
They fell asleep holding hands.

They love each other. 

I drove David to the airport this week for a wedding in South Carolina.  I prayed for him on the way after he said to me, "I'm sorry sweetie.  I just want to be well.  I just want to be normal.  I'm tired of this too."  I prayed the truth that I believe.  But tonight, I'm tired and can't keep back tears.  I just want health and normal too, and I'm so tired.  Being tired makes life feel impossible.  Chronic Fatigue is the new "diagnosis" for David (don't all mom's have that too?).

So, truth check:  God's will is perfect.  He loves us and works EVERYTHING together for our good.

And this is what I read today:

"Trust me in the midst of a messy day.  Your inner calm--your Peace in My Presence--need not be shaken by what is going on around you.  Though you live in this temporal world, your innermost being is rooted and grounded in eternity.  When you start to feel stressed, detach yourself from the disturbances around you.  Instead of desperately striving to maintain order and control in your little world, relax and remember that circumstances can not touch My Peace.

"Seek My face, and I will share My mind with you, opening your eyes to see things from My perspective.  Do not let your heart be troubled, and do not be afraid.  The Peace I give is sufficient for you." --Sarah Young, Jesus Calling
John 16:33; Psalm 105:4; John 14:27

The Prince of Peace gave His life for me, that I may have the kind of peace that circumstances cannot touch. 

4 comments:

6 Happy Hearts said...

Love the pics!!
Love your words even more : )

Shannon Wheeler said...

made me cry. your little kids and holding hands, and your sadness and tiredness. I'll say a prayer for you. and for Dave too. Love you.

Katie said...

Thank you so much for your vulnerable honesty. We love you and are praying for you guys. Your pictures are so sweet and your words are even sweeter.

Tyson and Lisa said...

thanks for sharing your heart. we all have no idea what you're going through, but we're praying and you seem to have a great perspective on it! I LOVE the pic of the boys holding hands...they probably won't like that one when they're older, but oh well!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.