Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Coffee please.

I have three small children and one huge belly. When bath time rolls around I line them up in the tub and scrub and rinse while they play and wiggle and splash. Then I pull out the boys, lotion and robe them and send them to their room. Next I wrap the giant baby in a towel while she gnaws on Diego's arm (teething is her full-time job). Then I finally stand up straight and fully inhale. The crowding out of my lung capacity is here. Lovely. The boys clothes are always laid out and ready for them, but who can resist a game of birthday-suit tag around the house before following directions and getting dressed! All clothed and combed, nails clipped, ears clean, and I collapse.
Yes, there are days when this task is such an exhausting chore. It's going to be great to add another to the mix - rub-a-dub-dub, four "men" in a tub might be pushing it though. We'll have to go to two bath times, but that's another story.


I talked to a couple of empty-nesters yesterday who were practically in tears missing the days when their kiddos were little. One of them was my mother. Here's to enjoying the exhausting, LONG days of mothering small children and soaking in and loving every moment!

And, this video is for my sister Shannon. My baby girl is obsessed with her dog. :)

Alayna talking about Milton

2 comments:

A. said...

I watched the video even though I'm not Shannon. Alayna is so pretty! And cute! Milton is a pretty cool dog and I can see why she is fixated on him :)

Amanda said...

Oh, Alayna is so big! I don't know about you, but when our #4 arrived, bathtime just happens for whoever is closest to the tub when i decide to turn on some water. I usually bathe two kids and then rest up for a couple of days, then bathe two more, rest up for a day or two. And so on and so forth.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.