Thursday, February 18, 2010

Weekendish getaway, big girl bed and happy hour

I never intended to be a once a week blogger, but here I am. Ah, well.

The end of February will be our 6 year anniversary, but this year we celebrated a little early. The kids stayed at my parent's house and David and I had a weekend away. Not too far away, and it was actually Monday, but hey. We started with my 28 week appointment. Yes, that means I only have 12 weeks to go ... 11 now. Then we split a cashew chicken salad and some hummus and pita bread and The Cheesecake Factory; we caught a matinee showing of the Young Queen Victoria - a clean, period peace (hubby gets big points for that!); then we got a room at a local hotel - it was actually a HUGE suite - sweet! After resting my huge pregnant body (I'll post another picture soon), we went to dinner at Red Rock Canyon and picked up cheesecake for dessert back at the CCF. No children woke me up the next morning. I had almost forgotten what that felt like.

Tuesday we were back to the real world. The giant baby has been in a big-girl bed for naps for a few days, but in the crib for night time. When I told her to get her blanket for bedtime that night she climbed right into the big-girl bed. I wasn't planning on making the transition so early, but so far she's done great. She walks into the living room around 7:30 the next morning all happy and loaded down with her cup, blanket and baby. It's super cute.

I don't drink pop - really. But today, I did enjoy a little Sonic happy hour, and it did make me happy. Diet Coke with Cranberry, easy ice.

We've also finished most of Hudson's Kindergarten curriculum so I think we're going to get a head start on next year. I'll post what great things I order once I order them. Ordering things is always exciting, even if it's home school curriculum. I've started setting aside portions of my Y checks for specific purchases instead of blowing them on Chick-fil-a lunches. It's pretty exciting to exercise a little discipline.

And now I'm off to the Y to teach one of my last two Cardio Blast classes. I'll still work out, I just can't talk and work out anymore :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

So glad you and David had a mini-getaway! It sounds like a blast! And yay for Alayna and the big girl bed! Cub walked into his new room and saw his bed and said "Wow!" in his little voice. We'll see if he actually feels that way once we start putting him down in there. :)

Shannon Wheeler said...

that is so sweet about Alayna. And I'm glad you had a get away :) Miss you

Amanda said...

Good idea getting away even for just one night before the baby comes. And thanks for the killer class. It's a good day when i wake up this sore. :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.