Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Nesting or Crazy Cleaning

Snow Bunny

Snow storms and sick children facilitate baking, eating, and for me, a little cleaning. I don't know if it's the early stages of nesting or just my way of coping with anything and everything, but my bedroom looks really good. Yesterday I took down the drapes, washed them, dusted the blinds and rods, cleaned the windows, vacuumed the base boards and decluttered everything. Hudson said, "Mom, why do you give yourself so many jobs?" Ha.

Alayna and I have been playing beauty shop. She loves getting her hair done and I love that it's long enough to play with!
She would touch her hair and say, "So fretty."

The mask I wear to chase the boys around the house. They LOVE it!

Today my plan is to tackle the master bedroom closet and maybe make some more room for the mommy clothes. I'm also going to be putting some drawers under the beds. That should help.

Oh, and I'm decorating for our women's retreat at the end of this month. The colors are pink, black and platinum and the theme is the butterfly with the concept of transformation/sanctification. I'm headed to Hobby Lobby later. Any brilliant decorating ideas floating around out there?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I LOVE your mask too. :) I am also a fan of nesting. It's fun. Layna is too cute.

A. said...

that is an awesome mask. Alayna is beautiful.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.