Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Something Sweet

For Valentine's Day we made sugar cookie pizza and the kids did the decorating. SO yummy and so much fun.
Pierce and I have been working on learning the states. We have a great puzzle with pictures for every state and he loves working it with me. The other day he picked up Colorado whose representative picture is mountains. "Mom," he said, "I know this is Russia." Three-year-old geography at its best.
The church women's retreat is coming up and I've been busy with the details of decorations and snacks and organizing my family so they'll function and eat and wear clean clothes while I'm gone. We had a meeting last night and the kids were in bed by the time I got home. Hudson had waited up on me so I went into his room to tell him goodnight. He whispered, "Mom, guess what I got to do. After Pierce went to sleep I got to sit on the couch with dad and hear some wisdom. And dad told me a spiritual secret. You know what it is? ... Guard your heart." How precious.

This one had just enjoyed some Power Crunch Cookies.

1/3 c stick butter, softened
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1 T water
3/4 t vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 cup oats
1/2 cup wheat bran flakes cereal lightly crushed
1/4 cup milled flax seed
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375. Beat butter, add sugar beating well. Add water, vanilla, egg - beat well. Combine dry ingredients through flax seed and mix well. Add to sugar mixture and beat well. Stir in chocolate chips then drop dough by tablespoons 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake 7 minutes or until almost set. Delicious!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Love the story with Hudson, love the sugary pics of the kids!!

And, gearing up for Sam's today. Do we need to make a Starbucks run on the way??

See you soon!

Tyson and Lisa said...

how cute...your kids are adorable! and...I gave you an award on my blog. check it out and pass it on!

Shannon Wheeler said...

Hudson is a gem. I love your kids and I love you and Dave.

joe said...

Oh ...
Wow ...
I'm smiling, but I can't see because of the tears in my eyes.
Are you sure Pierce didn't say Washa?
Love them kids.
Love you and Dave too.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.