Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Nesting and such

Between the women's retreat, the stomach bug, and near exhaustion from growing another human being, it's been TWO WEEKS since I've updated anything. Seriously, I'm doing good to keep up with my housework. I guess my weekend away did more to set me back than I realized. Ah well. I finally feel like I'm getting on top of things around here. We're also eight weeks away from baby #4's arrival and I'm pretty sure nesting has set in. I cleaned out the boys' closet yesterday and reorganized their room. Today I did the girls' closet and got the baby clothes put away and Alayna's spring line hung up. I do love little girl clothes! I love that A wants to wear the "pitty dress" and anything with butterflies or flowers or pink! Quite a contrast to the boy who wears basketball shorts and t-shirts under his church clothes. :)

I sent the boys outside to play yesterday while Alayna napped. My instruction were, "Don't get too muddy." What can that possibly mean to a 5 and 3-year-old boy except, "Don't roll in the mud, just throw it at each other!" So much for that bath. They were absolutely filthy 5 minutes later.

Alayna is doing great in her big-girl bed. She likes to "read Jesus" then lays down and goes right to sleep with her baby tucked under her blanket. Hoping she keeps up these good sleeping habits after Adelle arrives and occupies the other bed. As her Bible story knowledge expands beyond Mary and Joseph, so do the names of her babies and Little People. At least we know she's listening and soaking it all in. Do all little girls sing at the top of their lungs? She is constantly singing her own version of lullabies and nursery rhymes.

David taught the boys a new hymn and they ask him all the time to sing, "Long my imprisoned spirit lay." The real title of the hymn is "Amazing Love." :) That's just their favorite verse. I'll have to post a video of them singing it together - it's pretty precious.

Hudson asked me the other day, "If man was created first, why is 'ladies first' the law?" He's such a thinker like his daddy. Pierce echoes, "Yeah, mom, why is wadies fust the wah?" :)

Since the closets are organized and the house is clean, I'll make it a priority tomorrow to take some picture and videos. I'm getting pretty big.

5 comments:

Shannon Wheeler said...

I cannot wait to see you guys. Looking forward to the singing video and more stories about your precious children.

Angela said...

Yes, some pictures! I haven't seen you in a million years.

mb said...

Yes, I can indeed verify what I believe to be a pretty universal truth. Girls do sing at the top of their lungs pretty much all time. Addison doesn't even bother to sing actual songs half the time, instead opting for just "singing" a running monologue of whatever it is she is doing. :)

Amanda said...

I love that Alayna wants to "read Jesus." That's sweet. I can't imagine her singing at the top of her lungs. She's so quiet around me.

Steph said...

loved catching up with ya on here. i have missed you. sorry you guys were sick! your kiddos are precious and so are!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.