Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mine!!!

Well, the angel baby has turned a corner in the last week. All of the sudden, miss selfish bossy pants discovered the word "MINE!" and uses it in every other sentence. She brings me the baby's clothes out of the baby's drawers and proclaims, "These are Layna's." She pulls books off of my bookshelf and brings them too me, "My books." She grabs an armload of laundry off the couch including spiderman underwear, maternity jeans and daddy's socks, "This laundry Layna's." Seriously?! We went out to David's shed last night for some different scenery (and the kids are aloud to jump off the couch out there - rain is going to drive us batty). Alayna started pulling stuff out of a box, "What's that?" she'd ask. "That's a charger." She'd pull it to her chest, "Layna's charger." It's that way with everything. What is going on here? The boys went through their own little "Mine" stages, but not this drastic.

So, I explain to her (if you can explain things to a one-year-old) that it is not hers and show her something that really is hers. She proceeds to throw herself in the floor and fake cry, "No, that Layna's." So, I have to discipline her for the fit and usually send her to her bed to cool off. Praying for wisdom here - don't know what else to do with this little sin-nature.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh, I think you know what to do. :) It was good to chat with you over little girl woes.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.