Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ants in your pants

Ants have invaded my bathroom like they do every year around this time. I put out the little poison squares so they'll take the poison back to they're homes and destroy themselves. Alayna's been scared to death of the "little bugs." She screams, "Little bugs get you!!!" Hopefully she won't be traumatized. I reassure her, "They're ants. They wont get you." And we watch them walk back and forth in their little line. Just fascinating. They're mostly gone now. But I did see one this morning. Alayna was with me (like she ALWAYS is) and I said, "Look, Alayna, it's a little bug." She took my face in both her hands and said, "It's a ant." Love it when the baby girl sets me straight. :)

It's starting to get nice out, and when it's nice out it's so much harder to sit down INSIDE and do school. So we set up a motivational chart for both boys. Hudson has to read 20 minutes a day and finish his other school work (handwriting/spelling and math). Pierce has to go over his flash cards (numbers and letters) and a couple of pages from his preschool workbook. If both boys get their work done without complaining for 15 days we get to go to McDonalds for a happy meal. They are so pumped! I have to remember how much easier things go around here when there is tangible motivation. I always tell the boys, if you obey your parents things will go well with you and if you don't, they wont. In this case if you obey (obedience at our house is doing what you're told, when you're told with a good attitude) you get to go to the best restaurant in the whole world (if you like feathers in your nuggets and climbing around a germ infested playground!).

I'm set on a middle name for #4 but I wont publish it until I can get the husband set on it too. He's named the boys and I've named the girls so far. No matter what she officially turns out to be, I think she'll be stuck with Ellie Peaches for a good long while.

Well, we're off to start school as I down a cup of coffee with Italian Sweet Creme coffee creamer. How can heartburn be SO bad and I still crave coffee? I think it's just survival mode at this point. Those last wonderful 6 weeks when my sleep is diminished and my trips to bathroom quadruple and people start making comments like, "Are you sure there's just one baby in there?" or my favorite, "I can always tell when mom's get close to the end because their faces get real full." Seriously?! It's no longer the "pregnancy glow." It's not the shiny hair or long strong nails or the clear beautiful skin. It's the growing belly that peeks out under the maternity shirts and the growing of yet another chin and the stretch marks that reach up to your neck. Lovely. Okay, coffee!

6 comments:

Leigh said...

Aw, my little girl is an Ellie! I love the name :)

Good luck with the home stretch, you're almost there!!

Amanda said...

Someone said that about your face?! Horrid. You are LOVELY!

Leigh said...

A.S. is beautiful too!! I love both of those names.

Sounds like you have some creative boys! :) I just found your blog a couple of weeks ago myself and have loved reading about your adorable family.

Tyson and Lisa said...

I just receieved my first "are you sure there's not twins in there" the other day (by a man) and then today a woman said to me "you're so small for being 30 weeks along!" you never know what you're going to hear!! you look great and your face is not swelling at all. don't worry. :)

Shannon Wheeler said...

15 days? if they complain, do you start over? that is intense. I will most definitely be the fattest pregnant Ramey. I'm sure you look beautiful, but I can't say for sure since I haven't seen you :) haha. I've heard good things though. Love you.

6 Happy Hearts said...

You crack me up!!
When the boys reach their 15 day goal let me know & we'll meet at McD's : )

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.